SVG stands for scalable vector graphics, this file format can easily be scaled without losing quality as it is vector, not made from pixels like a photo is. An SVG is suitable for Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Designer Edition & other cutting machines.
Suitable for Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Basic & other cutting machines.
PNG stands for portable network graphics, a PNG file is a high res pixel based file with a transparent background. A PNG is suitable for Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Basic / Designer Edition & other cutting machines.
EPS stands for encapsulated post script, it is a vector based file so does not loose resolution when scaled. An EPS is suitable for Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
Can files only be used on a Silhouette or Cricut?
No, files can be used for a number of other programs and mediums such as lasers, engravers, and more.
How do I use my downloads?
How do I upload files to my Cricut Design Space library?
- After extracting your SVG files, save them in a safe location on your computer.
- Open Cricut Design Space and at the top of the page select “File” and then click “New” from the drop down
- To the left of the page click “Upload Images”.
- Click the blue “Upload Image” button.
- Click the blue “Browse” button and navigate to the location your files are saved.
- Select the SVG files you wish to use and click “Save” at the bottom right of the page.
- At the bottom of the page, select the image you wish to use and click “Insert Images” at the bottom right of the page.
- Your image will then appear in Cricut Design Space.
* For more information see: http://help.cricut.com/help/uploading-images-design-space
How do I upload files to my Silhouette Studio library?
- Check which version of Studio you have. If you have the free version that came with your machine, this is the Basic Edition, and you must use the DXF files. If you have paid to upgrade, you have the Designer Edition, and you will be able to use the SVG files.
- Open Silhouette Studio, and select File, Import, Import to Library from the top menu.
- Navigate to the location where you saved your files, and select the file.
- Your Library will open, and Studio will automatically place the file in your My Own Designs folder.
- Open the file by double clicking the thumbnail image in your Library. To access the file in the future, select File, Library from the top menu bar. You will see the file in your My Own Designs folder.
How do I install a TTF (True Type Font) or a OTF (Open Type Font)?
1. Right click on the font file.
2. Select INSTALL from the options that appear.
1. Double click on the font file.
2. Select INSTALL FONT at the bottom right.
PLEASE NOTE: You maybe required to restart programs for the fonts to appear in your font characters.
Use of files
Can I use the designs for my business?
All of our designs are free to download for personal use, if you would like to use our files to create a physical product to sell, like a t shirt or wall decal, please purchase a commercial license.
Digital files are not allowed to be resold.
Digital files are NOT to be shared, please feel free to share our website via social media links to other crafters you think would like them.
We would love to see what you have created with our designs. Feel free to share with us your creations using #freeSVGdesigns.
Please contact us if you have any issues and we will assist as best we can.